Sunset at Wadi Rum

Sunset at Wadi Rum

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Arrived safe and sound in Jerusalem

well, I finally made it! I'm sitting in the lobby of my hostel for the night in downtown Jerusalem. I had a frantic plane change in Frankfurt where I only made it on time because they held the flight for a group of Pilgrims and got a special bus to get us to Tel Aviv. Because of them I made the flight, but the baggage didn't make it. I'm staying in the hostel that I stayed in last time I was in Jersualem, so its nice to have a little bit of familiarity; including the Buena Vista Social Club playing in the lobby, haha. Tomorrow I head to Hebrew University campus, register for the semester, and hopefully have my baggage delivered to me.
I'm excited to be here, but a pretty overwhelmed by the enormity of it all and how long I'm going to be in Israel. I think a good nights sleep will help put things in perspective, and I look forward to writing about my first reactions to being back in Israel with a fresh mind and optimistic attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment